Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Status Report

I'm going to Puerto Rico with one of my girlfriends in early December! It was a last-minute thing and I can't wait to sit on a beach with nothing to do.

Last weekend, us ladies (and a few select boyfriends/husbands) had dinner at the Hotel Gansevoort and then commenced to hang out in the cheesy club/lounge upstairs. I went to the Mercury afterwards to catch a few songs by Freezepop before heading home. Did I mention Halloween yet or not? Well, three of us actually joined in the Village Parade affair... and had a blast. I went as a legitimately scary zombie. There were so many great costumes--someone dressed as an Oscar trophy, there was a whole gang of WWE wrestlers including the Hulk, a pair of surgeons who wheeled a gurney the entire length of the parade (the gurney held the words "Economy" and it was attached to a heart monitor that was flat-lining). Strangely enough, the Occupy Wall Streeters were there "occupying" the Halloween parade in earnest (I'm assuming that they saw the party was at the parade, so they couldn't resist). That's the only parade I love, and I don't know why we don't do it every year, so maybe this is the beginning of something.

Work is truly awesome. I hadn't noticed that the only thing keeping me from enjoying work were two people in particular. Then those two people got canned and now I am happier than ever, so go figure.

Guys are consistently dumb. Their total cluelessness is the bane of my existence. I can't even call them "assholes," because that would be giving them too much credit for actual premeditation. I think they're just dumb. Or that I'm smart(er). Now I know why some cultures try to keep their women uneducated.

Both my parents are still in Iran. They called me on the train back from Mashad where they made a religious offering. Still no sign from the Iranian government about the status of my identity papers...

No comments:

Post a Comment