Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Quick update because I know it's been a while

Well, I'm back from Puerto Rico! Hope you didn't miss me too much. It was a blast. And now I'm back in cold Manhattan.

I'm dating someone I really like... and it is freaking the shit out of me, mostly because he seems serious, and if he's serious, then who knows where this will go? AHHHH!!!! (I will tell you more once we are over the jinxing stage.)

My dad was in town last Saturday and we had dinner at the Kebab Garden in the East Village (because it is the only place he will agree to eat at in the entirety of New York City). After we finished eating, he found the manager and decided to give him advice about how he could run his restaurant better. It was incredibly humiliating and it reminded me why I love him so much. It was awesome to see him. He says he got to see the school that he is building near Tabriz in Iran while he was there. I had no idea he was even building a school there! He is naming it after his dead father.

And I saw my cousin on Sunday night (who was in town for a movie premiere). Her 5-year old is best friend's with Matt Damon's assistant's 5-year old, which is why she got comped the ticket and the hotel room. So there we were on Sunday night hanging out in the Mandarin Oriental in what should have been Matt Damon's mother's room (the mom decided last minute to stay at "Matt's" house instead), ordering room service in her name (we were told to do so because Universal was paying for everything anyway). Afterwards, I took my cousin down to my neighborhood and we had dinner at Momofuku. And it was actually fun. And it was nice to see family, someone who has known me since I was a bebe.

No comments:

Post a Comment