Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And just when everything seemed lost...

Dear [Persian Perversion],

It was nice to see your email.Sorry if my English is too bad!It's a long time I hadn't have practice.

And sorry to answer late , I hadn't chek my emails for a long time(My father was sick and died one month ago) and I'm so happy that checked it befor it gets too late and befor maybe make you think I don't want to answer !

I've seen your father 5 years ago and in that time he seemed so friendly with his uncle(my father in law)!!!!!Whatever We'll be happy to see you and can take you wherever you like .

If You say the exact date and time we'll be happy to come and take you home.I will leave you the phone number and you can call before coming.

As I know your grandfather and grandmother's grave are at the same place(As I've heard they love'd each others somuch and died in a close time)and you can you can go there if you like .

I would like to have emails from you and ofcourse to see you.

--[your estranged paternal grandmother's brother's son's wife]
*


I met Ryan at the Jewish Museum to see the Maira Kalman show. I was early, so I dipped into an H&M and found an overcoat that will legally work as a cover-up in Iran. After seeing Kalman's work, we wandered through an adjacent exhibit on matrimony.

Wedding certificate from Isfahan, Iran.

It's interesting because even though Jews were a minority in Iran, they still heavily connected with their nation. The lions on the certificate are old Persian symbols of the empire. Before "Jew" or "Muslim," they thought of themselves as "Persian."

"...they love'd each others somuch..."

Why does that matter so much? Why must that be the foundation for our reality at all cost, at her cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment