Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making other plans

Okay, so I know this blog is supposed to be all about my experience getting ready to go to Iran and related subjects... but the truth is that it's never All Iran All The Time--people are complex, and I'm very American too. John Lennon said it best: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

Last night, I had tapas with my fake boyfriend in the East Village at Mayahuel. That place is never not-amazing, and their chilaquiles are not to be fucked with. It's been stormy and humid in the City lately, and there's nothing like fake vacation food with a fake boyfriend to make everything alright. I leave for a conference in Toronto this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to the change in routine.

Meanwhile... the company I work at had its 25th anniversary trading on the NASDAQ. I got to go with the crew to ring the market closing bell! Check it out: I'm famous!

Run for cover! Iranian in Times Square!!!

 
Can I brag for a moment and tell you that I bought that awesome turquoise Oscar de la Renta blouse for just $40 at Tokio 7?

 
When they aired this on CNN, half of me got cut off because I was standing too far to the side. Bastards! My 30 seconds of fame have been FOILED!

5 comments:

  1. oh lady. I feel confident that you've got more than 30 seconds ahead of you. :)

    and please write about everything you want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A, Thankss! Life is so interesting no matter where it spits you out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one, cool to see Taha on the big board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blouse is FANTASTIC. And you ARE famous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ interimlover & @krull, thanks guys! @krull, especially thanks for taking a moment to acknowledge the REAL point of pride for me: THE BLOUSE! A DEAL! ;)

    ReplyDelete