Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hop across the pond

I'm not thinking straight. I took the red-eye to London last night from New York's JFK Airport for work and, this morning, I went straight to a conference at the Grange City Hotel without even dropping my bags off. After the conference, I finally checked into my hotel and went down the block to my company's office... and I've been here since. There's a reason they call it a "red-eye."

I have to admit that there is a certain sense of relief that I'm not going to Iran after this. Originally, before I found out my passport was expired, that was the plan: to go round-trip to Tehran from here. I feel guilty that I'm happy I'm not going right now, but I know I will go in a few months after the papers are in order so I guess I don't feel too awful. The cobble-stoned streets around Tower Hill, the quintessential black London cabs, the accents... it's a little surreal because of my sleep deprivation. It's time for me to go pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment